Then afterward I will pour out my Spirit on all mankind,
Your sons and daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
Even upon the servants and the handmaids,
In those days, I shall pour out my Spirit.
Welcome to CCR in the Salford Diocese
Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) is a movement of the Holy Spirit within the Catholic Church that seeks to promote an awareness of the gift of God's Spirit and to help people develop a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Here in the Diocese of Salford, the Catholic Charismatic Renewal is promoted by our Diocesan Service Team, made up of a small group of volunteers, who seek to organise Days of Renewal which they advertise across the Diocese through their magazine Cornerstone as well as this website.
There are also a number of Prayer Groups across the Diocese who meet on a regular basis for:
- Praise and Worship
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Opportunities to open up scripture in a deep and meaningful way,
- Intercessory prayer and healing ministry
Catholic Charismatic Renewal itself began shortly after the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965), which laid a doctrinal foundation that prepared for the CCR significantly through:
1. Recognition in Lumen Gentium of the ongoing role of charisms in the life of the Church and the call to welcome them in a discerning manner.
2. Teaching of Lumen Gentium on the role of laity in the Church.
3. Teaching of Dei Verbum on making Scripture accessible to all the faithful
4. The Decree on Ecumanism with its recognition of the presence and activity of the Holy Spirit in other Christian communities.